- v fill with sublime emotion
- v make blessedly happy
- v declare (a dead person) to be blessed; the first step of achieving sainthood
- If you beatify him now, there will be a whitewashing of him, which will involve the church in more dishonesty.
- And since the Vatican had already carefully vetted the circumstances of Fatima to beatify Lucia's two companions, how much more work need be done to establish the heroic virtue of .
- That's beginning to look pretty smart unless America is ready to beatify Bolt.
- John Henry Newman in Total Catholic
Fr Paul Chavasse, Provost of the Birmingham Oratory and Postulator of the Newman Cause said: "We now hope and pray for a positive outcome for the remaining steps of the process to beatify our cardinal."
- Nasrallah Sfeir in Daily Star - Lebanon
The Maronite Church and the Order of Lebanese Monks asked the Holy Pope Benedict XVI to beatify Lebanese Maronite Monk Estephan Nehmeh,Sfeir said.
- Pope John Paul II in Inquirer.net
At his beatification in Poland in June 1983, John Paul II said, "It's a miraculous Providence that wished myself to beatify this great servant of God, right here in Cracow."