- v heighten or intensify
- v make lively
- Frustrated by aging tomes and seeking a way to enliven an upcoming industry-convention speech, Mary Kelly and Holly Hibner started Awful Library Books, a blog that catalogs the .
- But if his knights don't enliven your film summer, you can always joust with George Lucas' Jedi in the last installment of a certain other epic.
- The Fed is considering a plan to back new securitized commercial-property loans for five years, which could help enliven the market and create new opportunities for refinancing.
News & Articles
- Yes, Yasiel Puig should be an All-Star
MLB has been handed a golden opportunity to enliven its sagging All-Star Game, so I’m hoping they doesn’t follow their own precedent by finding a million excuses to turn it away. Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig is the hottest thing going in the sport, bursting onto the scene with just abo
July 1, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Ireland's Eye: What's going on in the old sod
A Garryowen man who streaked on to the pitch during the Ireland-Australia International Rules fixture in Limerick last month said he did so to enliven the dull fare being offered up by the teams at the Gaelic Grounds.
June 29, 2013 - Irish Central
- Data center concerns add to DePaul arena fears for McCormick neighbors
A South Loop residents' group that says a DePaul University basketball arena would damage its neighborhood on Thursday expressed concern that a nearby parcel will be developed as a large-scale data center that would do nothing to enliven the McCormick Place area.
June 28, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Pope Benedict XVI in Deutsche Welle
Seeking to build the same kind of rapport with young people enjoyed by his charismatic predecessor, Pope Benedict said he would use his trip to "confirm their faith and enliven their hope".
- David Cameron in BBC News
Speaking at a public meeting, Conservative leader David Cameron said: "I have always believed in live television debates. I think they can help enliven our democracy, I think they will help answer people's questions, I think they will crystallise...
- Alan Duncan in Daily News & Analysis
She was amazingly fiery and fun, standing at this dispatch box she would enliven this chamber,said Alan Duncan, a member of parliament.