- v praise, glorify, or honor
extol the virtues of one's children
- David's reasoned and quick thinking during the hostage crisis was extolled by the police chief.
- The professor extolled the truly academic environment of the campus and this duly impressed the visiting members of the board.
- On the first anniversary of the independence day, there were speeches after speeches extolling the birth of the democratic republic and the end of dictatorship.
News & Articles
- Review: 'Pandora's Promise' devotes too much energy to its own dogma
The documentary talks to people who've had a change of heart on nuclear power and believe it may save the planet. Opposing voices would have helped. It's one thing to hear a legislator or industrialist extol "clean nuclear energy"; it's something else when the person singing those praises is an environmentalist. In "Pandora's Promise," Robert Stone has gathered the testimony of five people whose ...
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Film Review: This is the End
This is the End | B- As much as Hollywood loves to extol its brand of glitzy, sun-soaked hedonism, there is an equally irresistible urge to burn it all down. The apocalypse has been all the rage lately, with a diverse slate like 2012 , Melancholia, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, Oblivion and countless zombie flicks — all reveling in mass destruction. None of them, however, have ...
June 12, 2013 - Detroit Metro Times
- Tom Tancredo in FOX News
Tancredo says, "it is utterly hypocritical for Congress to extol the virtues of a colorblind society while officially sanctioning caucuses that are based solely on race."
- Christine Nixon in NEWS.com.au
It is fair to say that Benbrika preyed on the vulnerability of young men under the cloak of religion as a means to extol his own extremist version of Islam,Ms Nixon told reporters. "Extremists use various tools to exert a considerable...
- President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo in Malaysia Star
As we extol the lessons and memory of our heroes today, I call on everybody to ward off dirty politics and fix our attention on bringing the economy forward,Arroyo said.