- v praise, glorify, or honor
glorify one's spouse's cooking
- v bestow glory upon
- v elevate or idealize, in allusion to Christ's transfiguration
- v cause to seem more splendid
You are glorifying a rather mediocre building
- An official campaign is now under way to glorify her as a "respected mother" and "loyal subject," so that she can one day join Kim Jong Il's mother in the nation's pantheon of .
- Before the hailstorm of indignant criticism begins, we ask that you note the following caveat: We did not choose Williams as person of the week to glorify his murderous rage or to .
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar:: Well, I would suggest that teachers show their students, give them concrete examples of the negative effects of the actions that gangsta rappers glorify.
News & Articles
- The Five Rips HBO’s ‘Liberal Fantasy’ The Newsroom For ‘Glorifying’ Occupy, Mocking ‘American Taliban’
With HBO's The Newsroom returning for a second season next month, The Five 's Greg Gutfeld thought now was a good time to look ahead at how the show plans on treating various political stories when it comes back. The host slammed the "liberal fantasy" drama for trashing the "evil" tea party movement while glorifying Occupy Wall Street. "Hollywood gets everything wrong again," Gutfeld said.
June 14, 2013 - Mediaite
- Exhibit glorifies Palestinian suicide bombers
A state-funded museum in Paris is causing outrage among France's Jewish community for a photo exhibit that calls Palestinian suicide bombers "martyrs." The exhibit of work by Palestinian photographer Ahlam Shibli, which started last week at the Jeu de Paume, features dozens of photographs with captions that glorify dead members of Palestinian groups.
June 12, 2013 - Fox News
- Exhibit glorifying Palestinian suicide bombers creates uproar in Paris
The exhibit, entitled "Death" by Palestinian photographer Ahlam Shibli, features dozens of intimate and often disturbing portraits of Palestinian suicide bombers with anti-Israeli captions that glorify their deaths.
June 12, 2013 - The Oregonian
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Washington Post
We're fighting a war over there because the enemy attacked us first,Cheney said. "These are men who glorify murder and suicide. Terrorists are defined entirely by their hatreds."
- Barack Obama in WISC
I hope that it causes us to reflect a little bit more broadly on the degree to which we do accept violence in various forms all the time in our society. We glorify it. We encourage it. We ignore it, and it's heartbreaking, and it has to stop,...
- Malcolm Turnbull in Sydney Morning Herald
It cannot be used as a political tool by a prime minister who wants to pick up an issue and run with it in order to glorify himself. The public are very sceptical about this,Mr Turnbull told ABC Radio. "It has to come from the grassroots....