- v give a spiritual meaning to; read in a spiritual sense
- v elevate or idealize, in allusion to Christ's transfiguration
- v purify from the corrupting influences of the world
During his stay at the ashram he was spiritualized
- The monk Athena perceives in a vision that his mission is to spiritualize Thas, to make her the bride of Christ.
- Skeptical of progress, Cole painted the landscape as Arcadia, which served to spiritualize the past in a land without antique monuments.
- She frenetically tries to spiritualize materialismto set up a kind of materialist morality in which "money is the root of all good" because it stands for man's creativity.
- Mac Powell in Ocala.com
This record's a lot about relationships,Powell said. "Not to over-spiritualize things, but it was made because of our relationship with God - plus the relationship David and I have. We were on vacation together, and he was telling me about...