- n a print made from an engraving
- n a block or plate or other hard surface that has been engraved
- n making engraved or etched plates and printing designs from them
- v carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface
- v impress or affect deeply
- v carve or cut into a block used for printing or print from such a block
- v carve or cut a design or letters into
- Our image of Shakespeare comes from an much-reproduced engraving.
- Standard-size guns with traditional engraving are kept in stock.
- But the engraving of the subtitles is the last step in a process that begins weeks earlier.
News & Articles
- Laser Research Optics CO2 Laser Lenses Feature Low Absorption Coatings
Laser Research Optics supplies a full line of CO2 lenses and mirrors for engraving and marking lasers that are optimized for 10.6 microns and available for field replacement by users.
June 18, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Treasury unveils Lew's improved signature
WASHINGTON — Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew won't win any prizes in penmanship, but his official signature which will go on the nation's currency is at least a slight improvement over the loopy scrawl he had a few months ago. The Treasury Department unveiled the new signature on Tuesday. It takes the Bureau of Engraving and Printing about 18 weeks to put new engraving plates into production. That ...
June 18, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Birth year wrong on New York City Mayor Ed Koch's tombstone
Koch planned his own funeral in great detail, but when it came to engraving the tombstone, well, he had to leave that to someone else.
June 18, 2013 - WABC-TV New York
- Eliot Spitzer in Press & Sun-Bulletin
The engraving of these names shows that we will always be grateful and that these seven officers will have a permanent place in our hearts. Their everyday sacrifice is what makes them heroes,Spitzer said.
- Eric Clapton in Norfolk Eastern Daily Press
We agree in principle to support engraving 'In God We Trust' in stone in a prominent location within the Capitol Visitor Center; engraving 'The Pledge of Allegiance' in stone in a prominent location ...... and removing the words 'Our Nation's... Robert Bennett http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Foster_Bennett&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFjBewK6C8RLyzNxEK9qizZECmKGA McClatchy Washington Bureau http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/56905.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNESkXq96yJADBAMs0Dc3__QG8qMBA Dec 2, 2008
33166 42517 engraving If you really want me to be frank, I'm in two minds about engraving," Clapton said. "I respect what master engravers do and I like what Marcus did a lot." "It's great to own things that re really personal but at the same time I prefer...