- n an impression made from an etched plate
- n an etched plate made with the use of acid
- n making engraved or etched plates and printing designs from them
- v make an etching of
- v cause to stand out or be clearly defined or visible
- v carve or cut into a block used for printing or print from such a block
- v carve or cut a design or letters into
- v selectively dissolve the surface of (a semiconductor or printed circuit) with a solvent, laser, or stream of electrons
- A 16th-century etching of Solomon and the Queen of Sheba with camels in the background by Coornhert after Heemskerck.
- The basic procedure of etching is to coat a copper plate with wax, draw on it with a needle that exposes the metal, and immerse the plate in acid, which eats away the exposed area.
- Then, the duo fixed their crosshairs firmly on the bridge's underside, and started etching out dozens maybe hundreds of tags on one of its massive supports.
News & Articles
- WAAREE Group Acquires CESARE BONETTI S.p.A., Italy's Leading Valve Manufacturer
MUMBAI, India, July 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- We are pleased to announce that WAAREE Group, with its headquarters in Mumbai, India has acquired a 100% stake in CESARE BONETTI, etching a new chapter in BONETTI's ...
July 4, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Healing Plaza Dedication Trumpets Integration Success
As the sun reflected off a black marble wall with the gold etching, “Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), The coming together of the best of Army Medicine and the best of Navy Medicine to create the best of Military Medicine,” leaders at the Nation’s Medical Center and Naval Support Activity Bethesda (NSAB), spoke of the success of this integration Friday before a crowd ...
July 4, 2013 - DCMilitary.com
- Park wins US Women's Open for 3rd straight major
SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. (AP) -- Inbee Park set many golfing goals. Etching her name alongside Babe Zaharias was never one of them.
July 1, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Gary Allenson in American Chronicle
He's a pretty good player and he is only going to get better,Allenson said. "But I'm not going to make it out like we're etching his plaque in Hall of Fame."
- Poul Ruders in PlaybillArts
Dancer in the Dark is the most emotive and evocative film I ever recall seeing,Ruders said in a statement released by the opera house. "Lars von Trier conveys with overpowering directness the etching story of a mother who faces death to...
- Jermane Mayberry in Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
After my first two or three years, I didn't think I'd make it,Mayberry said. "It wasn't until I got comfortable at guard when I really started to see myself etching out a career."