eternity : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n time without end
- n a state of eternal existence believed in some religions to characterize the afterlife
- n a seemingly endless time interval (waiting)
- Election to the French Academy is for eternity and its 36 distinguished members are known as the "Immortals.
- A raging, confused Bessie attacks Howard, who drives a wooden stake through her heart and puts her to rest for eternity.
- I would be a fool for all eternity to turn my back on God like that.
- Billy Graham in FOX News
Graham said he and Ruth Graham "have no disagreement about our future, for we know that after we each take our last breath on earth we will be together in heaven. At our age, it won't be long before we are in the presence of God for all eternity."
- Eli Yishai in Jewish Press
After the Ramat Shlomo construction controversy, you were quoted as saying, "We will build in every part of Jerusalem, the capital of the Jewish people's homeland for eternity."
- Hugh Hefner in CBS News
I'm a believer in things symbolic,Hefner said. "Spending eternity next to Marilyn is too sweet to pass up."