- v make an etching of
He etched her image into the surface
- v cause to stand out or be clearly defined or visible
a face etched with pain
the leafless branches etched against the sky
- v carve or cut into a block used for printing or print from such a block
- v carve or cut a design or letters into
- v selectively dissolve the surface of (a semiconductor or printed circuit) with a solvent, laser, or stream of electrons
- Computers and GPS devices are what we have today instead of Etch A Sketches and Erector Sets and Morse-code telegraph kits.
- Intel's space-suited workers etch more than 7 million, in lines one four-hundredth the thickness of a human hair, on each of its thumbnail-size Pentium II chips, which sell for .
- A growing number of produce packers and distributors are experimenting with natural-light labeling, a new process that uses a laser to etch identifying information (country of .
News & Articles
- Spurs’ saviors nearly never made it in NBA
by Jeff Zillgitt, USA TODAY Sports SAN ANTONIO — Danny Green and Gary Neal are new three-point shooting sensations and hope to etch their names into NBA Finals history with another breakout performance Thursday at the AT&T Center. Just getting the opportunity is something they’re adjusting to. Green didn’t even have a team three seasons [...]
June 13, 2013 - HoopsWorld
- Book lovers' paradise this weekend at the Friends of the Library book sale
More than 11,000 items -- books, dvids, etch. -- are up for sale.
June 12, 2013 - Abilene Reporter-News
- Fred Otash’s Noir: Sex, Murder & Hollywood Confessions
A man waits patiently beneath a streetlight. The city’s darkened alleyways etch out like veins behind him. He imagines the streets pumping cigarette smoke as oxygen. As his mark leaves the Chevy, the man tosses his lit cigarette into the pooling water along the gutter. He makes softly for the bushes, adjusts a microphone and captures one of America’s darkest held secrets. The hard-boiled genre ...
June 10, 2013 - San Antonio Current
- Dianne Feinstein in The Miami Herald
Kicking off the inauguration with a brief speech, Feinstein said Americans were gathered "to etch another line in the solid stone" of the nation's history.
- Ryan Nelsen in Times LIVE
I said to the boys before that it is a 90-minute game but it only takes a few seconds to etch your name in history,Nelsen said. "Those few seconds came in the 93rd minute but it is a fantastic feeling. What this has done is given us...