- n the act of avoiding capture (especially by cunning)
- v escape, either physically or mentally
- v be incomprehensible to; escape understanding by
- v avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
- The case has lived on in memory because of the further adventures of one of its minor players, Ronnie Biggs, whose escape from prison and long years of eluding justice were .
- The immune system is good at battling most diseases, but cancer is equally good at eluding our defenses.
- The immune system is very good at battling most diseases, but cancer is equally good at eluding our defenses.
News & Articles
- Pennridge area police reports: Week of June 9
Fleeing & eluding police Charges of fleeing and eluding police are being filed against Wesley Angelo Niles, 45, of Quakertown, after a speeding violation and other traffic violations, including failing to stop at a red light, at Route 309 and Lawn Avenue in West Rockhill about 9:58 a.m. May 27, Pennsylvania State Police at Dublin said.
June 13, 2013 - Perkasie News-Herald
- Waynesboro Woman Faces Felony Eluding, DUI Charges
Deborah Cumberland, 53, faces a slew of charges, including felony eluding and driving under the influence after what police describe as a wild and dangerous ride around town.
June 12, 2013 - NBC 29 Charlottesville
- Fleeing vehicle reaches 130 mph
A car eluding Manitowoc County Sheriff's Office deputies reached speeds of 130 mph on Interstate 43 and ended up in a ditch in Brown County early Tuesday morning.
June 12, 2013 - Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter
- Lou Piniella in Seattle Post Intelligencer
What's good is we're winning close ball games,said Cubs manager Lou Piniella. "Early in the year this type of game was eluding us. These are good confidence boosters."
- Sam Kutesa in Afrique en ligne
Kony was the only serious obstacle to a final peace agreement. Our people are ready to sign any time, but Kony is the one who has been eluding us,Kutesa said.