- v avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
They tend to evade their responsibilities
he evaded the questions skillfully
- v escape, either physically or mentally
This difficult idea seems to evade her
The event evades explanation
- v practice evasion
This man always hesitates and evades
- v use cunning or deceit to escape or avoid
The con man always evades
- China's official Xinhua news agency tersely stated that Ding had confessed that the women had "conspired with overseas forces to evade Chinese customs and import illegal goods to .
- Then she pretends umbrage that he would come on her show and evade questions.
- Traveling at night to evade army hit squads, Maung and 14 colleagues trekked through the jungle for seven days, stopping only to treat the sick and injured they came across with .
News & Articles
- Woman wanted for robbing Reno bank
RENO -- A woman is on the loose, trying to evade capture after she allegedly robbed a Nevada State Bank Monday morning.
June 11, 2013 - FOX 11 Reno
- How digital currencies democratize tax evasion
The head of online investigations for the US government’s tax collection agency is concerned that digital currencies could be used to evade taxes, and is considering new disclosure rules for businesses ...
June 11, 2013 - Quartz via Yahoo! Finance
- NSA Whistleblower Is Not Likely To Get Asylum In Iceland
While NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden appears to have left his hotel , the Guardian's Glenn Greenwald says that he remains in Hong Kong , and he appears to be hoping to use the city's unique status to evade the reach of the U.S. government.
June 10, 2013 - Business Insider
- Timothy Geithner in BBC News
We will continue to target Iran's support for terrorist organisations, we will continue to focus on Iran's Revolutionary Guard, and we will continue to expose Iran's efforts to evade international sanctions,US Treasury Secretary Timothy...
- Charles Schumer in The Associated Press
Now, there is of course no fool-proof solution, as we develop new screening technologies and procedures, our adversaries will seek new ways to evade them. In the never-ending race to protect our country, we have to stay one step ahead of a nimble... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Politico http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31241.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH86GfDhxyym1XvRtQcEZ2gVn2JIw Jan 7, 2010
34486 44285 evade I am increasingly concerned that Serbian authorities, Mr. Kovacevic, and his attorneys are playing legal games to evade justice," Schumer said in a statement. "This is why I always believed Kovacevic should be tried in the US" "I will...