- n (fencing) blocking a lunge or deflecting it with a circular motion of the sword
- n a return punch (especially by a boxer)
- v impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball)
- v avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
- Tendulkar waits for the bowler's delivery like a martial arts black belt ready to parry an opponentmoving quickly into position, flashing his bat to guide the ball where he will.
- As if to parry that move, Palin's lawyer, Thomas Van Flein, met with the personnel board's investigator on Monday and promised that he would furnish a list of who would be .
- This ignorance is heartbreaking to fencers, who delight in giving ten-minute explanations of the attack, parry, return and continuation, which make up a "fencing conversation .
News & Articles
- NJ town to vote on boardwalk ban on saggy pants
(AP Photo/Wayne Parry). In a June 6, 2013 photo, a young man wears saggy pants on the Wildwood, N.J. boardwalk. WILDWOOD, N.J. (AP) - Get set for some cheeky remarks at City Hall in Wildwood.
June 12, 2013 - Your Hometown Lima Stations
- A cheeky problem: Wildwood to vote today on baggy pants
A young man wears saggy pants on the Wildwood boardwalk. / AP photo/Wayne Parry WILDWOOD — Mayor Ernest Troiano Jr. thinks he’s found a way to put one of this Jersey shore resort town’s problems behind it. Wildwood is ready to ban overly saggy pants — no ifs, ands or butts.
June 12, 2013 - Daily Journal
- A cheeky problem: NJ town to restrict baggy pants
(AP Photo/Wayne Parry). In a June 6, 2013 photo, a young man wears saggy pants on the Wildwood, N.J. boardwalk. WILDWOOD, N.J. (AP) - Mayor Ernest Troiano Jr. thinks he's found a way to put one of this Jersey shore resort town's problems behind it.
June 11, 2013 - Your Hometown Lima Stations
- George Gillett in Asian Leader
But Gillett added: "If Tom wanted a serious discussion on the issues to help the club move forward, he should bring his views to the board and not to Sky Sports. Tom should stop. He knows that Rick Parry has my support and that airing his comments...
- Tom Hicks in Reuters.uk
Rick Parry has been Liverpool's CEO for 10 years and we haven't won a league championship under his leadership,Hicks told the Mail on Sunday newspaper. "After watching him operate, I came to the conclusion it was time to ask him to resign,...