- n a step to one side (as in boxing or dancing)
- v avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
- The fact the Securities and Exchange Commission gave Madoff multiple free passes to sidestep closer inspection is even more troubling for any investor looking to put a hard-earned .
- Silk says smokers will look for ways to sidestep the surcharge.
- It also lurks behind the bishops' 1988 guidelines, which, in micromanaging prospective productions, strive so earnestly to help modern auteurs sidestep the Passion plays .
News & Articles
- Swiss committee says parliament should ditch debate on U.S. tax deal
BERN/ZURICH (Reuters) - A Swiss parliamentary committee said on Thursday that lower house lawmakers should decline to debate a bill which would allow banks to sidestep strict secrecy laws and pass information to U.S. authorities. Switzerland has built the world's biggest offshore financial center, with more than $2 trillion in assets, on the back of its confidentiality laws, but has come under ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- John Densmore on court fights with Doors bandmates: 'It wasn't fun'
It was a battle that John Densmore wishes didn't require the beating of his drum, but one that his conscience wouldn’t let him sidestep when he decided to sue his former bandmates in the Doors, keyboardist Ray Manzarek and guitarist Robby Krieger. At issue was their use of the Doors’ name for a new round of touring without long-departed lead singer Jim Morrison.
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Why is Wal-Mart hiring temps?
The retail giant denies the strategy is aimed at reducing costs, but the move could sidestep Obamacare enrollment.
June 13, 2013 - MSN
- John McCain in International Herald Tribune
I don't want to in any way sidestep the candidacy of Governor Huckabee,McCain told reporters. "He's in this race, and for me to dismiss him would be inappropriate and unrealistic."
- David Strettle in Manchester Online
Strettle said: "I was doing some open running with the ball in hand, and I took a sidestep." "I suspected something was broken, but it wasn't confirmed until I had it X-rayed." "The specialist I saw last night has told me I won't be...
- Bob Sanders in Kansas City Star
Hopefully, I'm not overanxious and try and stay calm,Sanders said. "Playing a Johnson-type runner, if you come too fast, he can sidestep you."