duck : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n small wild or domesticated web-footed broad-billed swimming bird usually having a depressed body and short legs
- n (cricket) a score of nothing by a batsman
- n flesh of a duck (domestic or wild)
- n a heavy cotton fabric of plain weave; used for clothing and tents
- v to move (the head or body) quickly downwards or away
Before he could duck, another stone struck him
- v submerge or plunge suddenly
- v dip into a liquid
- v avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
- Soldiers who like duck eggs had better restrain their appetites when they invade Europe or the Dutch East Indies.
- Wild duck always return to the scene of their birthso good Japanese believe.
- Before dawn one day last week, a hunting party of five men sloshed through the rain-soaked woods of Yarmouth County, Nova Scotia with their two Little River duck dogs, Dusty and .
News & Articles
- Duck Duck Run benefits childhood cancer research
ST. JOSEPH - The Duck Duck Run, a 5K race and walk, and the Duck Duck Float rubber duck race, benefiting childhood cancer research in the name of Alex Mandarino, will take place Saturdayat the Margare
June 12, 2013 - The Herald-Palladium
- Duck Dynasty Christmas album in the works
Can't get enough of Duck Dynasty's Southern-fried home sense? More >> Can't get enough of Duck Dynasty's Southern-fried home sense? More >> A U.K. poster for The Heat has become the center of controversy for digitally slimming down star Melissa McCarthy.
June 12, 2013 - ABC 7 Gulfshore News
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Family To Release Christmas Album ‘Duck The Halls’
The Duck Dynasty family has created an empire with its duck call and decoy company and a top-rated reality show, and now the Robertsons are trying to take on the music world as well with the release of a new album. The Robertson family, featured in the A&E reality show, announced that they will release [...] ‘Duck Dynasty’ Family To Release Christmas Album ‘Duck The Halls’ is a post from: The ...
June 11, 2013 - The Inquisitr