drunk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a chronic drinker
- n someone who is intoxicated
- v take in liquids
- v consume alcohol
- v propose a toast to
- v be fascinated or spell-bound by; pay close attention to
- v drink excessive amounts of alcohol; be an alcoholic
- a stupefied or excited by a chemical substance (especially alcohol)
- s as if under the influence of alcohol
drunk with excitement
- A new study says a simple state law that revokes drunk drivers' licenses has a significant deterring effect and can save 800 lives a year.
- The truth is we all do stupid things when we're drunk but we all want to do stupid things.
- One word for a drunk in Japanese is toratiger.
News & Articles
- Drunk Janesville Teacher Will Not Face Criminal Charges
JANESVILLE- A Janesville teacher who was drunk during a fourth grade field trip will not face criminal charges.
June 18, 2013 - WTVO - WQRF Rockford
- HCSO: Drunk driver charged in fatal, chain-reaction crash on Highway 6
HOUSTON—A drunk driver caused a fatal chain-reaction crash on Highway 6 Saturday night, according to the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. Aaron Jaques, 22, was charged with intoxication manslaughter. Deputies said Aaron Jaques was speeding northbound in the 7500 block of North State Highway 6 around 11:30 p.m. when he slammed his Dodge Charger into the back of a slower moving pickup truck. The ...
June 17, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- Drunk driver charged in wreck that killed 1, injured 3
Drunk driver charged in wreck that killed 1, injured 3 Houston Chronicle Copyright 2013 Houston Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 5:11 pm, Sunday, June 16, 2013 Aaron Jaques, 22, was driving a 2009 Dodge Charger northbound in the 7500 block of State Highway 6 north of Sugar Land about 11:30 p.m. when he rear ...
June 16, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Val Kilmer in TheCelebrityCafe.com
In 2003, the actor told Rolling Stone that he lived in "the homicide capital of the Southwest," and he complained about the locals in the area by claiming that 80 percent "of the people in my county are drunk."
- Ricky Gervais in Eleven
As he introduced one-time wild man Colin Farrell, Ricky said: "The great thing about the Golden Globes is that it crushes prejudice and stereotypes. A particular stereotype is that Irishmen are drunk, hairy hellraises. Now please welcome Colin...
- Nicole Richie in Reuters India
I have a responsibility and it's something that I did wrong, and if I could personally apologize to every single person that has lost a loved one from drunk driving I would,Richie said. "Unfortunately I can't, but this is my way of paying...