deformed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make formless
the heat deformed the plastic sculpture
- v twist and press out of shape
- v cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form
- v become misshapen
The sidewalk deformed during the earthquake
- v alter the shape of (something) by stress
His body was deformed by leprosy
- v assume a different shape or form
- s so badly formed or out of shape as to be ugly
deformed thalidomide babies
- With legs and arms deformed or missing, some of the babies promised to be lifelong basket cases.
- Swedes awaited eagerly last week the opening by King Gustaf V in his Royal Palace of an Exhibition of Relics Curiosities, including "deformed bullets extracted from the wounds.
- Known as the bump collection, it deformed the silhouette with Quasimodo-style padded lumps placed strangely and strategically on models' backs, shoulders and hips.
News & Articles
- Hatchet III ( 2013 )
The most popular movies among NYTimes.com readers. Traumatized Marybeth ( Danielle Harris ) teams up with a small-town policeman ( Zach Galligan ) and his ex-wife (Caroline Williams) to bury deformed psychopath Victor Crowley ( Kane Hodder ) once and for all as a band of gun-toting mercenaries hunt the legendary maniac through the shadowy Louisiana swamp.
June 14, 2013 - New York Times
- The Daily Treat: This Little Piggy Walks and Rolls
Chris P. Bacon was born with deformed hind legs, but that hasn't stopped him from moving on up in the world
June 11, 2013 - People Magazine
- Mirek Topolanek in European Voice
The response of the eurozone countries to the financial and economic crisis has deformed the joint project of the euro more than any other imaginable event,TopolÃ¡nek said in a chat on the presidency website.
- Subcomandante Marcos in The Narco News Bulletin
Bagdad, Tamaulipas, November 23: December 1, the day that Felipe CalderÃ³n takes office, will be "the beginning of the end for a political system that, since the Mexican Revolution, became deformed and began to cheat generation after generation,...