misshapen : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s so badly formed or out of shape as to be ugly
misshapen old fingers
- My companion, a four-year veteran of shredding nori at Kyoto's Kikunoi Restaurant, looks at my growing pile of misshapen slivers with concern.
- To the untrained eye, the misshapen lump of lead looks utterly worthless.
- Stabbing a finger in the direction of misshapen hillocks made of eroded mud brick, he describes massive battlements built to repel barbarian raiders from the north.
News & Articles
- Jaromir Jagr: It never gets old
CHICAGO — As he stepped up to the podium yesterday afternoon at the United Center, Jaromir Jagr looked out at the collection of ill-dressed, misshapen media types waiting to speak with him, and then he smiled, and then he cracked a joke. As always, though, the joke was on him. “You guys are surprised,” he said. “I’m still alive.”
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald
- George Korda: Sexual harassment, sexual assault, and the U.S. military
The May 10, 2013, political cartoon by Rob Rogers of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette depicted an ogre-like defendant, with misshapen head and close-cropped hair, standing alongside his defense attorney. The two are facing a judge.
June 10, 2013 - Knoxville News Sentinel
- Andover craftsman drawn into mystery of diamond and gold pendant
Mark Rubinstein holds a gold pendant with sapphires forming a cross inside a circle of diamonds, with one edge melted and misshapen. Mr. Rubinstein found the pendant in Florida last winter — later realizing the area was the site of two plane crashes.
June 5, 2013 - Olean Times Herald
- Mariann Fischer Boel in Mirror.co.uk
Now mis-shapen fruit and veg will be sold as "products intended for processing" for cooking or salads EU agriculture Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel said: "Such products could be either misshapen or under-sized. In this era of high prices...
- Sepp Blatter in Mail & Guardian Online
It's embarrassing, especially when your misshapen balls are being viewed by a global audience,said Blatter. "Ever since I was a little boy, when I got first one ball, then a few months later another ball, I worried that this would happen...
- Washington Irving in Vancouver Sun
Not far north of that place, he was joined by "something huge, misshapen, black and towering," Irving wrote. "It stirred not, but seemed gathered up in the gloom like some gigantic monster."