- v establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts
- v strengthen or make more firm
- v make more firm
- v support a person for a position
- v administer the rite of confirmation to
- a indicating existence or presence of a suspected condition or pathogen
- s serving to support or corroborate
News & Articles
- Hillsborough seeking to land 1,000 of those Amazon jobs
Hillsborough County officials are confirming they are in the hunt for a third of those 3,000 Amazon.com jobs Gov. Rick Scott announced Thursday, dangling subsidies at the online-shopping giant in hopes of luring a distribution center in the South Shore area.
June 14, 2013 - St. Petersburg Times Blogs
- Apple scores another win over Samsung with validated rubber-band patent
The United States Patent and Trademark Office plans to issue a reexamination certificate confirming four of Apple’s claims regarding its rubber-band patent, according to FOSS Patents. The patent is one of Apple’s most famous technologies and relates to the bouncing effect in iOS when a user reaches the end of a page while scrolling. One of the claims validated by the USPTO, claim 19, was ...
June 13, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- USA: New Study Shows Marriage Equality Has No Effect on Marriage Rate for Straight Couples
Confirming what most of us have suspected for a long time, a new study from the Portland State University debunks the claim that letting gays and lesbians marry will tank straight marriage.
June 13, 2013 - Gayapolis
- Richard Blumenthal in Boston Globe (registration)
I am alarmed by recent studies confirming that BPA leaches from these products into the foods they hold,Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal said in the letters. "The preventable release of a toxic chemical directly into the...
- Nancy Pelosi in Forbes
Pelosi, answering questions from reporters Thursday after a speech in Washington, said, "I am not confirming anything."
- President Bush in Sandy Post
Bush said in a statement he applauded the "historic decision today confirming what has always been clear in the Constitution: the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear firearms."