- v establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts
- v represent in bodily form
- v make real or concrete; give reality or substance to
- v solidify, firm, or strengthen
- s serving to support or corroborate
- But substantiating his prewar claim that Saddam's regime possessed upwards 100 tons of terror weapons making it an intolerable threat to international security remains an important .
- A 2003 CIA report found that there were, simple declarative accusations of Iraq-al Qa'ida complicity with no substantiating detail or other information that might help us .
- But lately scientists, using more rigorous tests, have had trouble substantiating some of those benefits.
- Scott Garrett in UPI.com
Rep. Scott Garrett, RN.J., said "substantiating and continuing a situation where you have bailouts, continuing a situation where you hurt jobs and expand the authority of government entities," was not in the country's best interest.
- Sudhir Mishra in Times of India
Before making such claims or substantiating them by writing about them people should read my script for 'Driver' which I've apparently stolen from this Kripalani chap,an angry Mishra told IANS. "First of all, I am not scriptwriter for...
- Tzipi Livni in Jerusalem Post
According to a statement issued by her office, Livni said Israel was concerned "that certain elements in Egypt are misrepresenting the documentary film, without checking the facts or substantiating what actually happened, with the intent of...