- n a reply of denial
he answered in the negative
- n a piece of photographic film showing an image with light and shade or colors reversed
- v vote against; refuse to endorse; refuse to assent
- a characterized by or displaying negation or denial or opposition or resistance; having no positive features
a negative outlook on life
a colorless negative personality
a negative evaluation
a negative reaction to an advertising campaign
- a expressing or consisting of a negation or refusal or denial
- s having the quality of something harmful or unpleasant
ran a negative campaign
delinquents retarded by their negative outlook on life
- a not indicating the presence of microorganisms or disease or a specific condition
the HIV test was negative
- a reckoned in a direction opposite to that regarded as positive
negative interest rates
- s less than zero
a negative number
- s designed or tending to discredit, especially without positive or helpful suggestions
- s having a negative charge
electrons are negative
- s involving disadvantage or harm
minus (or negative) factors
- The latest study from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released this month predicts that most regions of the world will witness a variety of negative effects of global .
- He might not be as adept at negative politics on the national stage as he thinks he is.
- If your blood type is O-negative, you may feel a bit like a vampire's victim every time you volunteer to donate a pint.
News & Articles
- Moody's Changes Dole Outlook To Negative From Stable After Murdock Bid
Moody's Changes Dole Outlook To Negative From Stable After Murdock Bid
June 13, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Fitch Places JBS's Ratings on Negative Watch
Fitch Ratings has placed JBS S.A.'s ratings on Negative Watch following the announcement that it will acquire certain assets from Marfrig Alimentos S.A.'s , including Marfrig's Seara Brazil business through the assumption of BRL5.85 billion of Marfrig's bank debt with maturities between 2013 and 2017.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- NuVasive new royalty rates a modest negative, says Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo views the District Court's royalty rate ruling as modest negative for NuVasive, noting that the rates are higher than those used by the jury to calculate lost profits and monetary damages. ...
June 12, 2013 - Theflyonthewall.com via Yahoo! Finance
- David Stern in New York Daily News
That experience guides my conviction that partnership between America and Islam must be based on what Islam is, not what it isn't. And I consider it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/04/obama-calls-new-beginning-muslim-world/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGwprBVm7FqPjmKCUEJaW3HGMPf_w Jun 4, 2009
67000 89168 negative But Stern said he decided to take action because Arenas is not currently fit to take the court in an NBA game." "I put the NBA in a negative light and let down my teammates and our fans. I am very sorry for doing that."
- Ellen DeGeneres in Forbes
What a wonderful night, such diversity in the room,said Ellen DeGeneres, serving as Oscar host for the first time, "in a year when there's been so many negative things said about people's race, religion and sexual orientation. And I want...