- v establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts
his story confirmed my doubts
- v strengthen or make more firm
The witnesses confirmed the victim's account
- v make more firm
- v support a person for a position
The Senate confirmed the President's candidate for Secretary of Defense
- v administer the rite of confirmation to
the children were confirmed in their mother's faith
News & Articles
- Boeing set to confirm plans for larger 787 Dreamliner: sources
(Reuters) - Boeing Co is poised to launch a larger member of its 787 Dreamliner jetliner family to meet demand for long-haul travel within Asia and other long-haul routes, sources told Reuters on Thursday. Long-discussed plans for a 323-seat version of the 787 are likely to be formally announced at next week's Paris Airshow, the sources said, confirming a Wall Street Journal report. "We have no ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Investigators: Murder suspect confesses to killing more than 30 people
Police confirm a Tennessee Valley murder suspect may have been one busy killer. Jose Manuel Martinez is charged with murder for one killing in Lawrence county and may be connected to dozens of other murders.
June 13, 2013 - WSFA 12 Montgomery
- Giants confirm Sandoval has strained foot tendon
Giants confirm Sandoval has strained foot tendon
June 11, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Heath Ledger in ic Wales
We, Heath's family can confirm the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda,Mr Ledger said in Perth. "He was down to earth, generous, kind hearted, life loving unselfish...
- Dieter Zetsche in Reuters India
I can confirm that we are talking with some of the potential partners who have shown a clear interest,Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche told the annual meeting of the world's fifth-biggest carmaker.
- Nouri al-Maliki in International Herald Tribune
These crimes confirm the defeat of these perpetrators and their failure in confronting our armed forces, which are determined to cleanse the dens of terrorism,al-Maliki said in a statement.