- s shaped like a bulb
- s curving outward
- Ruthless, violent and vain (last year he underwent an operation to trim back his bulbous nose), he spent millions each month bribing a network of corrupt officials in the government.
- So WITWIOBL crosscuts from Spurlock in the Middle East to the increasingly bulbous Jamieson in Manhattan, understandably fretful that her beau might die before her baby is born.
- I had been talking to Puryear about Maroon, a large, dark, bulbous form made mostly from wood and wire mesh covered with tar.
- Thomas McGuane in Edmonton Journal
McGuane described it as a "short yet spacious and powerful book," as contrasted with the "well-larded garrulity of the bulbous American novel of today," and felt the prose recalled the careful writing of JM Coetzee and WG Sebald.
- Chris Jericho in Pro Wrestling Torch
The sad thing is my big fat gut is in better shape than your bulbous doughy body. No wonder the office won't let u win a match,Jericho said.
- Bill Lockyer in San Diego Union Tribune
He's a bulbous operative whose smell is everywhere,Lockyer said.