bulimic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person suffering from bulimia
- a suffering from bulimia
- Judy Collins, 53, became bulimic after giving up smoking in the 1970s: ''I went straight from the cigarettes into an eating disorder.
- And You Can Too!, she says she became bulimic after her husband, TV producer Edgar Rosenberg, committed suicide in 1987.
- So women who diet or are bulimic or very thin women who don't have much meat on their bones may very well be nutritionally deprived, vitamin deprived, and they will end up with .
News & Articles
- The Skinny Mirror: Cheaper Than Therapy
In my first week of college, I, like virtually everyone else, lugged a $10 over-the-door full-length mirror from Bed Bath & Beyond back to my dorm room. Then, over the course of the next two weeks, I gained the freshman fifteen. Or so I thought, until a bulimic friend showed ... More »
July 26, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Australian Man Banned From Gym Chain After Mocking Members on Facebook
Health Internet An Australian man was banned from a Queensland gym chain after he mocked other members of the gym on Facebook and was exposed on 4Chan and Reddit. In his most recent post, the unnamed man posted a photo from his IPad of another man lifting barbell weights. In the caption, he calls the gym member the “amazing chicken man” who is envied by bodybuilders and bulimic teenage girls for ...
July 25, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Gary Zimmerman in USA Today
I hear people who are bulimic, they see themselves as fat. When I was playing, I saw myself as not good enough, so I always tried to be better,Zimmerman said. "I could watch people and think they did a good job but then watch myself, and I...
- David Coulthard in Supersport
In his autobiography, entitled It Is What It Is, Coulthard said: "I stopped eating fattening food and, before I knew what had happened, I was bulimic. In my mind the only way I could keep my weight down was by making myself vomit. I have always...
- Isla Fisher in Edmonton Sun
For the serious side, Fisher says she "went to a Spenders' Anonymous group, and it was fascinating. There are all styles and sorts of shopping, trophy shopping, image shopping, bulimic shopping. As funny as it sounds, it's pretty sad. It affects men...