- s marked by rude or peremptory shortness
try to cultivate a less brusque manner
- After years of happy marriage, Nancy was surprised by her husband’s sudden brusque and cavalier attitude.
- David's brusque remarks after his partner's poor playing in the tennis tournament led to the break up of the tennis doubles pair.
- After my mother’s death I believed people would be caring, yet Sara was extremely brusque with me.
News & Articles
- 'Eastbound & Down' to end its run on HBO
We wanted to start off this post with an astute Powerism -- but, darn it, none of them were clean enough, so we'll just get to it: brusque comedy "Eastbound & Down" will, indeed, end its run on HBO after its upcoming fourth season.
June 6, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Harry Reid in International Herald Tribune
It's a good piece of legislation,Reid said. "I would hope the president would stop being so brusque and waving it off. This is a bill that is good for the troops. It's good for the country."