- n rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates
- n the porous calcified substance from which bones are made
- n a shade of white the color of bleached bones
- v study intensively, as before an exam
I had to bone up on my Latin verbs before the final exam
- v remove the bones from
bone the turkey before roasting it
- s consisting of or made up of bone
- Monstrous holes in the skull and other bones are now being mended with a sort of bone sawdust obtained from the patient himself.
- The increases in bone-mineral density seen in the Journal studies is primarily due to minerals filling in the gaps left in the wake of bone destruction, he says.
- A new study says there's no excuse not to get a bone density scan.
- Brett Favre in OnlineSportsHandicappers.com
This is to confirm that I did have a procedure to remove some scar tissue and bone spurs from my ankle which had been bothering me for a period of time,stated Favre "I appreciate your concerns."
- Kevin Harvick in New York Times
It's very evident who's pushing him the most, and that's his dad,said Harvick, who finished fourth at Pocono; Logano ended up 13th. "His dad shoved him into a pile like a dog chasing after a bone."
- Arsene Wenger in Times Online
There were some suggestions that he played with a broken bone - that is not true,Wenger, the Arsenal manager, said. "We had two independent doctors with X-rays who clarified the bone was perfectly OK, a bruised bone, but not broken before...