- s without a trace of moisture; as dry as a weathered bone
bone-dry leaves are a fire hazard
- He has white hair swept back off his forehead, gimlet eyes and the bone-dry sense of humor adopted by police officers whose intentions have been knocking up against reality for a .
- There the bone-dry bill rested safely in a pigeonhole in the Temperance Committee when the legislature closed its session last week.
- In Melbourne, you're no longer allowed to fill your swimming pool, and in bone-dry Brisbane, residents aren't allowed any external water use without a permit.
News & Articles
- Hundreds more evacuated in Colo. wildfires
Firefighters continue to attack blazes in western states, as wildfires also scorch hot, bone-dry Arizona, New Mexico
June 20, 2013 - CBS News
- Opinion: California needs more water storage
By Dianne Feinstein Flying over California recently on my way back to Washington, I was dismayed to see how bone-dry the state is so early in the summer season. There was virtually no snowpack. Lakes and reservoirs are circled with rings of barren, dry soil. [...]
June 16, 2013 - Lake Tahoe News
- Conserving Thoughts: Tree disease
Blast-furnace heat and bone-dry drought were the weather conditions that dominated the news last summer. Consequently, it sounds really odd only a year later to be talking about problems caused by coo
June 14, 2013 - Bolivar Herald-Free Press
- Bill Cosby in Houston Chronicle
I was fishing here six weeks ago, and now it's bone-dry,said Cosby, who walked along the lake bed Friday afternoon while killing time between appliance repair jobs.