- s (usually followed by `to') naturally disposed toward
he is apt to ignore matters he considers unimportant
- s at risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant
he is apt to lose
- s mentally quick and resourceful
an apt pupil
- s being of striking appropriateness and pertinence
an apt reply
- The fluttering flags from various countries were an apt backdrop for the international event.
- It just did not seem apt that CEO Martin should speak about year end party at a time when the company just had so many layoffs.
- Most of the press reported that it was apt that the coach was asked to leave the ground after he went into a verbal slanging match with the referee.
News & Articles
- Police Blotter
Matthew Iglehart, 24, 711 E. Burlington St. Apt. 1, was charged Jan. 7 with possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, possession of cocaine with intent to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia, and two counts of interference with official acts.
June 13, 2013 - The Daily Iowan
- No. Haven apt. complex sells for $14.4M
Briarwood Hills Apts. in North Haven. North Haven's 176-unit Briarwood Hills Apartments has drawn a $14.4 million sale price, realty brokers say.
June 12, 2013 - Hartford Business Journal
- Bit9 Presents Free Webcast from Ultimate Windows Security APT Confidential: 14 Lessons Learned from Real Attacks
WALTHAM, Mass. -- Bit9, the leader in Trust-based Security, is sponsoring a free webcast from Ultimate Windows Security titled APT Confidential: 14 Lessons Learned from Real Attacks on Wednesday, June ...
June 11, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- John Adams in Teton Valley News
In a letter John Adams wrote to his wife of this day, he said, "I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of...
- Elena Kagan in The Associated Press
I don't particularly think that the term is apt,Kagan told Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, adding that she especially didn't like what people associated it with â€” "a kind of loosey-goosey style of interpretation in which anything goes."
- Avi Dichter in International Herald Tribune
Those same (intelligence) arms in the US are apt to make a mistake and declare that the Palestinians have fulfilled their commitments, which would carry with it very serious consequences from Israel's vantage point,Dichter said.