- n a plant that lives in or on water
- a relating to or consisting of or being in water
an aquatic environment
- a operating or living or growing in water
boats are aquatic vehicles
water lilies are aquatic plants
fish are aquatic animals
- Maud Fontenoy was practically born to the life aquatic.
- The dolphin, one of only four exclusively freshwater species in the world, may have the unhappy distinction of being the first aquatic mammal to go extinct in more than half a .
- But now, according to a survey released in August, this rare freshwater mammal is almost certainly extinct the first aquatic vertebrate species to disappear from the Earth in .
- Menachem Elimelech in HealthNewsDigest.com
We began the study out of concerns for the possible toxicity of nanotubes in aquatic environments and their presence in the food chain,said Menachem Elimelech, professor and chair of chemical and environmental engineering at Yale and senior...
- Jairam Ramesh in Press Trust of India
Like we have tiger as a national animal and peacock as a national bird, we have declared dolphins as a national aquatic animal as it represents the health of the rivers, particularly Ganga in the country,Union Environment and Forest Minister...
- Derek Briggs in Science Daily (press release)
With a head like the giant Cambrian aquatic predator Anomalocaris and a body like a modern arthropod, the specimen is the only known example of this unusual creature,said Derek Briggs, director of Yale's Peabody Museum of Natural History and...