- n a member of a Semitic people originally from the Arabian peninsula and surrounding territories who speaks Arabic and who inhabits much of the Middle East and northern Africa
- n a spirited graceful and intelligent riding horse native to Arabia
- a relating to or associated with Arabia or its people
- a of or relating to Arabian horses
News & Articles
- Oakland Zoo gets two new friendly residents
The Oakland Zoo gave media a behind the scenes look at their two new dromedary (Arabian) camels. They both have relocated to the zoo from the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, Texas. One male named Bahir (meaning dazzling), and one female, Zahara (meaning shining, exquisite flower), are young camels and weigh about 630 pounds each, but will grow to reach 1100-1500 pounds as they mature. Oakland ...
June 14, 2013 - KTVU
- Art & Antiques: Arabian horses, saddles and antique-themed TV
On a recent episode of Discovery's "Auction Kings," I was asked to review, authenticate, and appraise an Arabian saddle. It wasn't just any old saddle, it was an Arabian saddle commissioned by the royal court of Morocco. The Arabian horse is the original
June 12, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Saudi Aramco to Use Soitec’s Solar Systems in Pilot Project
Saudi Arabian Oil Co., the world’s largest crude exporter, will evaluate Soitec (SOI) ’s solar energy systems for possible utility-scale deployments. Saudi Aramco chose the company’s equipment in a competitive bidding process for a 1-megawatt pilot project that Belectric Holding GmbH will build in Saudi Arabia’s northwestern Tabuk region, Bernin, France-based Soitec said today in a statement.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Barack Obama in AFP
We know that he traveled to Yemen,Obama said in his weekly video address. "It appears that he joined an affiliate of Al-Qaeda, and that this group, Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, trained him, equipped him with those explosives and...
- Anthony Weiner in New York Sun
We need to send a crystal clear message to the Saudi Arabian government that their tacit approval of terrorism can't go unpunished,Mr. Weiner said. "Saudi Arabia should not get an ounce of military support from the US until they...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Reuters
We were expecting that Saudi Arabian officials act like a mentor and make peace between brothers, not that they themselves enter the war and use bombs ...... and machineguns against Muslims,Ahmadinejad said in a televised speech.