accepting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v consider or hold as true
- v receive willingly something given or offered
- v give an affirmative reply to; respond favorably to
- v react favorably to; consider right and proper
- v admit into a group or community
- v take on as one's own the expenses or debts of another person
- v tolerate or accommodate oneself to
- v be designed to hold or take
- v receive (a report) officially, as from a committee
- v make use of or accept for some purpose
- v be sexually responsive to, used of a female domesticated mammal
- s tolerating without protest
always more accepting of coaching suggestion than her teammates
the atmosphere was judged to be more supporting and accepting
- If convicted of accepting bribes, lecturers could face a sentence of up to five years in prison or a hefty fine.
- In Quilmes, the "Caruso Seguros" firm is accepting creditos for auto insurance policies.
- One can only imagine the intense nerdiness of the video footage that is even now pouring into Joss Whedon's inbox, now that he's accepting applications for the Evil League of Evil.
News & Articles
- Wesley accepting preschool enrollment
Wesley Kids for Christ Preschool is currently accepting enrollment for the 2013-14 school year. Openings are available for 3- and 4-year-old classes.
June 14, 2013 - Sedalia Democrat
- Pittcon 2014 Now Accepting Booth Space Reservations
The Pittcon Exposition Committee is now accepting booth space reservations for Pittcon 2014, which will be held March 3-6, 2014, at McCormick Place, North America's premier convention facility, located in Chicago, Illinois. (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10828469.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- LGBTs find society more accepting but still report stigmatization
WASHINGTON, June 14 (UPI) -- Nine in 10 members of the U.S. LGBT community say society is more accepting now and anticipate that acceptance to grow, a Pew Research survey indicated.
June 14, 2013 - UPI