- n food that is discarded (as from a kitchen)
- v show unwillingness towards
- v refuse to accept
He refused my offer of hospitality
- v elude, especially in a baffling way
- v refuse to let have
- v resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ
- v refuse entrance or membership
- This refers to doctors, nurses, pharmacists and others who refuse to perform abortions or prescribe drugs like Plan B, which they view as equivalent to abortion.
- The explanations piled up: the rising GOP star was "writing something," said his wife; he was recharging after losing a fight to refuse stimulus money, said his spokesman; he was .
- They refuse military service, not on the ground of conscientious objection but on the dubious claim that every baptized member of the sect is a minister; as a result, a survey .
News & Articles
- More dollars? Not exactly
Gov. Scott Walker announced in February that Wisconsin would refuse what has been portrayed as a financial windfall for state governments — an expansion of Medicaid under Obamacare. Yet four months after the announcement, Walker’s secretary of health services, Kitty Rhoades, painted a different financial picture.
June 15, 2013 - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Greater Lebanon Refuse Authority honors top recyclers
The Greater Lebanon Refuse Authority recently presented recycling awards to municipal representatives who serve on the GLRA board of directors for their municipalities' outstanding recycling efforts in 2012.
June 13, 2013 - Lebanon Daily News
- Military doctors urged to refuse force-feeding at Guantanamo
By Jane Sutton GUANTANAMO BAY U.S. NAVAL BASE, Cuba (Reuters) - U.S. military doctors should refuse orders to force-feed hunger strikers at the Guantanamo detention camp because it violates their ethical obligations, two doctors and a medical ethics professor wrote in the New England Journal of Medicine on Wednesday. "Force-feeding a competent person is not the practice of medicine; it is ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Mitch McConnell in Washington Examiner
The only reason the unemployment extension hasn't passed is because Democrats simply refuse to pass a bill that doesn't add to the debt,McConnell said. "That's it. That's the only difference between what they've offered and what we've...
- Fabio Capello in Daily Contributor
I refuse a lot of opportunities to be a manager of important clubs because I like to stay here,said Capello, who received harsh comments from the England media following their early exit.
- Jimmy Carter in FOXNews
The problem is not that I met with Hamas in Syria,Carter said Monday. "The problem is that Israel and the United States refuse to meet with someone who must be involved."