- v dwell
- v put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- s unceasing
an abiding belief
- This isn't the most elegant of the Potter volumes, but it feels like an ending, the final iteration of Rowling's abiding thematic concern: the overwhelming importance of .
- But most important, she has purposean abiding commitment to the principles of goodness and generosity that transcend any one individual.
- We share an abiding respect for our now deceased fathersmine, a successful son of the old segregated American South; hers, a defender of the Jewish homeland in its first days of .
News & Articles
- Wholesale Grocer Accuses Potato Farmers Of Price-Fixing
A wholesale grocer has brought a lawsuit against the United Potato Growers of America claiming they are running an illegal price-fixing cartel. According to the lawsuit the UPGA has gone so far as to employ aerial surveillance to ensure its members are abiding by agreements to reduce the potato supply. Robert Siegel speaks with Associated Press reporter John Miller in Boise, Idaho about the case.
June 17, 2013 - NPR
- CAL THOMAS: When government can't be trusted
Without the slightest hint of irony, President Barack Obama said last week, “If people can’t trust not only the executive branch but also don’t trust Congress, and don’t trust federal judges, to make sure that we’re abiding by the Constitution with due process and rule of law, then we’re going to have some problems here.”
June 17, 2013 - Delaware Coast Press
- Sticker shock in Fitchburg
FITCHBURG -- For most law-abiding citizens, a car inspection is an annual task that must be undertaken so they may continue to drive their vehicles legally.
June 16, 2013 - Sentinel & Enterprise
- Michael Bloomberg in Lewiston Sun Journal
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, an ardent proponent of gun control, said the ruling allows cities "to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists while at the same time respecting the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens."
- Barack Obama in AFP
Throughout my life, I have always taken my deep and abiding love for this country as a given,said, Obama, a Christian, who has previously rejected unfounded allegations by shady opponents that he is a closet Muslim. "At certain times over...
- Wayne LaPierre in New York Times
I consider this the opening salvo in a step-by-step process of providing relief for law-abiding Americans everywhere that have been deprived of freedom,Wayne LaPierre, the executive vice president of the NRA, said in a statement.