abkhaz : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of the Circassian people who live to the east of the Black Sea
- n an autonomous province of Georgia on the Black Sea; a strong independence movement has resulted in much instability
- n Circassian people living east of the Black Sea
- a of or relating to Abkazia or its people or their language
News & Articles
- Georgia Wants a Tête-à-Tête with Separatists
Georgia on August 8 vowed to start direct talks with the representatives of breakaway Abkhazia and South Ossetia, but it may need first to deal with that uninvited party to the conversation, Russia. Speaking on the fifth anniversary of Georgia's 2008 war with Russia over the two territories, Georgian Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili called on Georgians to wipe the slate clean and collectively ...
Aug. 9, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Dmitry Medvedev in USA Today
Ossetians and Abkhaz must respond to that question taking their history into account, including what happened in the past few days,Medvedev said grimly.
- Vladimir Putin in ABC News
We will make the necessary efforts together with the corresponding Abkhaz structures to build a modern border defense,Putin said in the interview, a copy of which was supplied by his press service to reporters.
- Sergei Bagapsh in RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
I want to stress that we are talking exclusively about the Abkhaz Navy,Bagapsh told Interfax. "Russia's navy is not being used and will not be used to carry out this task."