- n a member of the Circassian people who live to the east of the Black Sea
- n a Circassian language spoken by the Abkhaz
- a of or relating to Abkazia or its people or their language
News & Articles
- Sochi Olympics "Security Zone" Extended Into Abkhazia
A swathe of Abkhazian territory will be included in part of the large "security zone" being set up in advance of the Winter Olympics taking place in Sochi, Russia, next month. Starting today, anyone entering the zone will have to produce documents to police, according to a report by the Abkhazian news agency Apsny (and translated into English by civil.ge). “[A] stationary checkpoint” will be ...
Jan. 20, 2014 - EurasiaNet
- Sergei Mironov in Washington Post
Today it is clear that after Georgia's aggression against South Ossetia (that) Georgian-South-Ossetian and Georgian-Abkhazian relations cannot be returned to their former state,upper house speaker Sergei Mironov said during the debate....
- Vitaly Churkin in Reuters
We expressed our disappointment that there is no possibility to invite the Abkhazian side to this discussion,Churkin told reporters. "Without their participation it cannot be objective, full or comprehensive and serious."
- Zalmay Khalilzad in RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
The US does not agree that Abkhazian authorities have met their obligations or merit any weakening of international pressure as was discussed by the UN Friends of the Secretary-General for Georgia,Khalilzad said. "Most alarming is the...