- n the act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat
we watched his grappling and wrestling with the bully
- n the sport of hand-to-hand struggle between unarmed contestants who try to throw each other down
- v combat to overcome an opposing tendency or force
- v engage in deep thought, consideration, or debate
- v to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
- v engage in a wrestling match
- Upscale or down-home, wrestling is a national mania .
- BUT IS THE PEN MIGHTIER THAN THE BODY SLAM? With all the shouting at wrestling matches, you might miss the cries of.
- In Manhattan, Joseph Stecher, one-time heavyweight wrestling champion of the world, lay for some time in a warm but uncomfortable posture beneath the body of Wladek Zbyszko .
News & Articles
- Ram Wrestling Hosts Camp
The Shelbyville Wrestling Program sponsored wrestling camp last week for Kindergarten through High School in three different sessions at the Youth Athletic Center in Shelbyville's Forest Park. There were 16 youngsters K-4th, seven 5th-8th graders and
June 18, 2013 - Shelbyville Daily Union
- Wrestling school teaches wannabe pros the right moves
Many of professional wrestling's moves are choreographed, but much of the pain is real.
June 17, 2013 - KSDK St. Louis
- US wrestling discussing major international event
The U.S.-based Committee to Preserve Olympic Wrestling is discussing a major, multi-national event this summer to promote the sport ahead of a key IOC vote on its Olympic future.
June 17, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- John Updike in FOXNews
I just accept the reassurance,Updike, who attends an Episcopalian church, told the AP when asked about his faith. "I remember the times when I was wrestling with these issues that I would feel crushed. I was crushed by the purely...
- Robert Gates in Dayton Daily News
I've been wrestling for months to get more intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance assets into the theaterGates told the war college students. "Because people were stuck in old ways of doing business, it's been like pulling teeth."
- Adam Pacman Jones in SportingNews.com
I am a big fan of wrestling, so I wanted to give it a try,Jones said in a statement. "I respect wrestling and I'm not coming in like it's just a show. I want to prove that I am the greatest team-sport athlete."