- n the act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat
we watched his grappling and wrestling with the bully
- n the sport of hand-to-hand struggle between unarmed contestants who try to throw each other down
- v come to terms with
- v to grip or seize, as in a wrestling match
- Giap's new barrages came while South Viet Nam was grappling to regain a measure of normalcy amid the death and devastation from the first at tacks on 35 population centers.
- Lurid details aside, the book offers a peek at a man still grappling with his sister's dizzying fame.
- Halfway through 2008, Vietnam's authoritarian government finds itself grappling with soaring prices, collapsing markets and an increasingly restive workforce.
News & Articles
- Richmond sees surplus in 2013-2014 budget
After months of grappling with a potential shortfall, Richmond City Council members approved a budget on June 3 that projects a surplus of nearly $1 million.
June 13, 2013 - The Voice
- Emmys 2013: Kevin Bacon talks flawed characters, TV violence
Kevin Bacon's character on the crime drama "The Following," former FBI agent Ryan Hardy, doesn't have it easy. Season 1 found him matching wits with an old nemesis — the serial killer who left him with a nasty scar and a pacemaker — while grappling with alcoholism and personal demons.
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Lower gas prices on Wisconsin's horizon?
The worst may be over for drivers in the upper Midwest who have been grappling with the highest gasoline prices in the continental U.S.
June 13, 2013 - Fond du Lac Reporter
- Gordon Brown in BBC News
In an article for Monitor - a Parliamentary magazine - Mr Brown wrote about people's concerns about the housing slump, adding: "Around the world, it is progressive politicians who are grappling with these challenges. In the electrifying US...
- Mitch McConnell in BusinessWeek
That's the real issue. And at least he's grappling with that,McConnell said.
- Barack Obama in Forbes
Earlier Saturday in Ottawa, Ill., Obama told a crowd of about 600 that when "this war is over, we can finally get back to facing the challenges we face here at home, the challenges you're grappling with every day."