- s extremely poisonous or injurious; producing venom
a virulent insect bite
- a infectious; having the ability to cause disease
- s harsh or corrosive in tone
- Experts agree that H1N1 is mildly virulent and comparable to that of seasonal flu, but very contagious.
- It wasn't possible to wait to find out how virulent H1N1 would be before initiating a global response; like a fire department receiving an emergency call, the responsible choice is .
- The 1968 virus was simply much less virulent.
News & Articles
- Gun-theft spree tied to permit map never materialized
The reaction was immediate, massive and virulent. On Dec. 23, when The Journal The reaction was immediate, massive and virulent. On Dec. 23, when The Journal News posted an interactive map on its lohud.com website with the names and addresses of registered pistol-permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties, angry critics inundated the newspaper with phone calls and emails and took to ...
June 17, 2013 - The Journal News
- In Zimmerman case, history's ghosts linger
Focus on the details, and the cases seem very different. One was killed by virulent white racists, the other by a part-Hispanic neighborhood watchman who insists he faced a vicious attack.
June 17, 2013 - Florida Today
- Inovio's Universal H7N9 DNA Vaccine Generates First Protective Antibody Responses Against Virulent H7N9 Virus in 100 ...
BLUE BELL, Pa., June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE MKT: INO) announced today that in a preclinical study of its influenza DNA vaccine against the newly emergent, virulent ...
June 14, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- York Chow in International Herald Tribune
Chow emphasized that there was no sign of "any significant change of the virus that makes it exceptionally more virulent than the usual flu virus."
- Joe Biden in FOXNews
We've been here before. We've been poised to win the presidential election,Biden said. "The last two times we underestimated how successful virulent attacks are."
- Bill Clinton in ABC News
It's not as strong as it was because America has changed demographically, but it's as virulent as it was,Clinton said today on NBC's "Meet the Press."