- s sour or bitter in taste
- s harsh or corrosive in tone
an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose
- The acerbic dialogues that punctuates the book relieves it of crass sentimentality.
- The annual acerbic worst-actors list from the influential magazine had the fans of Harry up in arms.
- The court remembered with fondness Sarah's acerbic and ready wit and that she never minced a word.
News & Articles
- Do you want to watch a sitcom about T.J. Simers?
There’s nothing more pleasant that spending a few minutes reading a T.J. Simers column in which he trolls and issues cheap shots at athletes he doesn’t like. So why not expand that to 30 minutes? From SportsBusinessJournal: Mandalay Sports Media is developing a TV comedy loosely based on the life of acerbic Los Angeles Times…
June 11, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- 'Glee' star Jane Lynch is getting a divorce
Jane Lynch, who plays the acerbic Sue Sylvester in Fox's Glee, is getting a divorce from her wife, Dr. Lara Embry.
June 10, 2013 - Philly.com
- Cowell gets egged during talent show finale
With five eggs, Natalie Holt did to Simon Cowell what hundreds of reality show singing contestants have wanted to do for years. The woman pelted the rather acerbic singing competition judge with the eggs during Saturday night's live finale of "Britain's Got Talent." According to EW.com, Holt was playing in the backup orchestra for brothers Adam and Richard Johnson when she got up from her chair ...
June 10, 2013 - Local 6 Orlando
- Pat Toomay in USA Today
Payback came in interesting ways. ...... All the sportsmanship stuff went out the window,Toomay said. "I loved his sense of humor. He was hilarious. But he was deeply ironic and acerbic at times. As long as it was directed out, it was a...
- Ian Lavender in MyParkMag
'Dad's Army' actor Ian, who gave a reading at the memorial, said: "It was a beautiful and funny service. I just remember all the good things and the black humour. She had a very acerbic sense of humour. Sometimes you would have to tell her, 'I am...