- n any of various water-soluble compounds having a sour taste and capable of turning litmus red and reacting with a base to form a salt
- n street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
- s harsh or corrosive in tone
a barrage of acid comments
- s being sour to the taste
- s having the characteristics of an acid
an acid reaction
- Among the commonest ills of man, ranking close to constipation and headaches, is the wide range of supposed digestive upsets mistakenly described as "acid indigestion.
- A policeman blocks off part of a street in Hong Kong's crowded shopping district of Mongkok on June 9, 2009 after an acid attack There's a good reason for the thin crowds.
- Then her husband threw sulfuric acid on her face, chest and thighs.
- Eliot Spitzer in Forbes
The debates over acid rain to a certain extent have been resolved,said Spitzer, a Democrat. "Carbon is the real issue now. Do we have to move away from all fossil fuels? These are tough issues, from a policy standpoint and an economic...
- Paul Watson in FOXNews
Rotten butter is butyric acid as orange juice is citric acid ...... beer is more acidic,Watson told The Associated Press by satellite phone from his ship. "Our tactics are designed to not hurt anybody, so we make the deck as slippery as...
- Sir Alex Ferguson in AFP
It's not the acid test but we know that given his abilities and understanding of play over the last third of the field I think he'll get us goals,Ferguson added.