- n a measured portion of medicine taken at any one time
- n the quantity of an active agent (substance or radiation) taken in or absorbed at any one time
- n a communicable infection transmitted by sexual intercourse or genital contact
- n street name for lysergic acid diethylamide
- v treat with an agent; add (an agent) to
The ray dosed the paint
- v administer a drug to
- In late January, the company unveiled the first pediatric dose of Coartem less bitter and easier to swallow than the adult version which is expected to help in the battle .
- He prescribed a dose of calcium carbonate; two weeks later, his sister's pain had disappeared.
- Swiss drugmaker Novartis joins two Chinese companies that say the vaccine can be produced in one dose.
News & Articles
- Daily Dose: Tulo Down And Out
Nate Grimm touches on Troy Tulowitzki's tough break, David Price's accelerated timetable and more in Friday's Daily Dose.
June 14, 2013 - Rotoworld via Yahoo! Sports
- Preventive daily dose works ‘for all populations at increased risk for HIV’
CHICAGO (Reuters) - A daily dose of powerful anti-HIV medicine helped cut the risk of infection with the AIDS virus by 49 percent in intravenous drug users in a Bangkok study that showed for the first time such a preventive step can work in this high-...
June 12, 2013 - MedCity News
- Dose analysis predicts non-Hodgkin lymphoma survival
( Society of Nuclear Medicine ) Outcomes can be bleak for non-Hodgkin lymphoma, a cancer that develops in the white blood cells of the immune system. Accurate estimation of radiation absorbed dose in radioimmunotherapy based on state-of-the-art 3-D imaging could lead to more personalized and effective treatments to improve patients' chances of living longer without progression of their cancer ...
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- TJ Bonner in Forbes
It's much like our tax laws: People don't pay their taxes out of an overriding sense of citizenship; it's a healthy dose of fear,Bonner said.
- Tom Coburn in London Free Press
They got a good dose,said opponent Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), as he emerged from the session.
- Fidel Castro in Newsday
Cuba has never bought an athlete or judge,Castro wrote, adding that Cubans need to begin preparing now for London in 2012. "There will be European chauvinism, judge corruption, buying of brawn and brains ...... and a strong dose of...