- n the act of making something completely wet
- v cover with liquid; pour liquid onto
- v immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate
- v become drunk or drink excessively
- v cook in a marinade
- Good sports, Their Royal Highnesses laughingly took a thorough sousing.
- Peasants and military reservists fought the flames mightily, inspired by the actual participation of Royalty in the sousing and beating out of Fire, and in the lighting of .
- During his coffee break, one defender of the law was able, without looking very hard, to arrest five students for sousing in public.