dunk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a basketball shot in which the basketball is propelled downward into the basket
- v immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate
- v make a dunk shot, in basketball
He dunked the ball
- v dip into a liquid while eating
She dunked the piece of bread in the sauce
- Lew does indeed dunk on occasion.
- In a game, his specialties are the "dunk" shot (in which he leaps up and rams the ball through the hoop from above) and the "backward dunk" (the same thing, but backward over .
- Still, universal health care in San Francisco isn't a slam-dunk.
- Isiah Thomas in Newsday
We had surrendered,Thomas said. "Those guys shouldn't have been in the game at that point. And you know, they were sticking it to us pretty good and they were having their way with us. I think JR Smith had just made one dunk where he...
- Kobe Bryant in Bangkok Post
I just was kind of reading the play and I was able to get my hands on it and get out and get a dunk,Bryant said of his fifth steal of the game. "As soon as it was exposed it was important for me to go after it."
- Joe Maddon in Metro Canada - Edmonton
If he was able to be able to be seen more nationally, it would be a slam dunk,Maddon said before the game. "He toils a little bit in the obscurity of where we work. I would really not understand why he would not be voted in. He's the kind...