- n the act of making something completely wet
he gave it a good drenching
- v drench or submerge or be drenched or submerged
- v force to drink
- v permeate or impregnate
- v cover with liquid; pour liquid onto
- It was a drenching wave of power and celebrity that might have swept away a lesser man; but Billy had Ruth as his firm anchor, teasing him mercilessly to puncture any temptations .
- This June days of drenching rain led to floods and landslides throughout southern China, including the prosperous manufacturing province of Guangdong.
- In one segment, set in the drenching rain, a character offers up her shirt to shelter the group's campfire.
News & Articles
- Severe storms loom for Thursday in Washington area
The cluster could bring drenching rain, strong winds and flash flooding to the Washington area.
June 12, 2013 - Washington Post
- Merion weathered storm well, Saucon Valley's superintendent says
Merion Golf Club withstood Monday's drenching well and might not be the pushover many people expect for this week's U.S. Open, Saucon Valley superintendent Jim Roney said Tuesday.
June 11, 2013 - The Morning Call
- Midweek severe storm risk includes possible derecho
State College, PA - AccuWeather.com reports complexes of strong, drenching and locally severe thunderstorms will reach from parts of South Dakota and Nebraska to Illinois, Ohio, western Pennsylvania and the Virginias during the middle of this week. Part of this area could be hit by an intense thunderstorm complex, known as a derecho. The pattern of thunderstorm complexes has the potential to ...
June 10, 2013 - Brainerd Dispatch
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Los Angeles Times
Despite the recent rainstorms, California would still need to see weeks of drenching rain to avoid an extreme drought situation this summer,Schwarzenegger said in a statement. "Our water crisis underscores the urgent need to update...
- Morris Iemma in The Australian
We have had good, drenching rain in many parts of the state but it's still not enough,Mr Iemma said.
- Conn Iggulden in Los Angeles Times
Genghis frowned as [a group of defenders] succeeded in drenching a dozen pikemen in black liquid,Iggulden writes. "The warriors ducked down behind their wooden shield, but only moments later, torches were thrown onto the oil and flames...