- n an operation that segregates items into groups according to a specified criterion
the bottleneck in mail delivery is the process of sorting
- n the basic cognitive process of arranging into classes or categories
- n grouping by class or kind or size
- v examine in order to test suitability
- v arrange or order by classes or categories
- Terman believed IQ tests should be used to conduct a great sorting out of the population, so that young people would be assigned on the basis of their scores to particular levels .
- In the Qala-i-Jangi prison fortress, a few miles west of Mazar-i-Sharif, CIA agent Johnny ("Mike") Spann was sorting through 300 surrendered Taliban soldiers in an attempt to .
- But the American people have a way of sorting these things out.
News & Articles
- Beautiful Swimmers Have a “Son” on the Way
After months of sorting out pressing-plant issues , D.C.'s Beautiful Swimmers are set to release their first full-length album, Son , in the coming weeks on their Future Times label.
June 13, 2013 - Washington City Paper
- Library planning book sale
Sheila Martinez is busy sorting books to get ready for the upcoming Altus Public Library Book Lover’s Sale scheduled for April 19 and 20 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day.
June 13, 2013 - Altus Times
- Compromise talks over Ohio's budget begin Thursday
A legislative panel of negotiators is scheduled to meet in Columbus to begin sorting out differences between the House and Senate versions of the state budget.
June 13, 2013 - Toledo News Now