- n a white or silvered surface where pictures can be projected for viewing
- n a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight
- n the display that is electronically created on the surface of the large end of a cathode-ray tube
- n a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something
a screen of trees afforded privacy
- n a protective covering consisting of netting; can be mounted in a frame
they put screens in the windows for protection against insects
a metal screen protected the observers
- n the personnel of the film industry
a star of stage and screen
- n a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles
- n a door that consists of a frame holding metallic or plastic netting; used to allow ventilation and to keep insects from entering a building through the open door
he heard the screen slam as she left
- n partition consisting of a decorative frame or panel that serves to divide a space
- v test or examine for the presence of disease or infection
screen the blood for the HIV virus
- v examine methodically
screen the suitcases
- v examine in order to test suitability
screen these samples
screen the job applicants
- v project onto a screen for viewing
screen a film
- v prevent from entering
- v separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
- v protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm
- Sometimes Labyrinth uses the two screens to show off: a girl on the far screen throws a bit of bread away; it lands with a splash on the shimmering pond of the bottom screen.
- The People of the Screen (working at places like E Ink and Xerox) are creating thin films of paper and plastic that hold digital ink.
- Jones thinks Trapasso hit the screen deliberately.
News & Articles
- Millennium Park’s new movie screen opens with tribute to Roger Ebert
Dubbed “The Screen,” Millennium Park’s newest addition located in the Jay Pritzker Pavilion makes its debut Tuesday with a showing of “Chicago” and a movie tribute to the Sun-Times’ late Roger Ebert, to kick off the park’s film series. As with most events in Millennium Park, the 6:30 p.m. event is free. The Screen, of course, was not. It came with a hefty price tag of $550,000. No tax dollars ...
June 17, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- HotShots is not just another screen grab tool
One small but welcome addition to Windows 8 is its new extended screen capture feature. Press Win+PrtSc and you’ll both grab the current screen, and save it directly to disk, which means there’s no longer any need to do the Alt+Tab, Edit > Paste, File > Save shuffle for every single image. This is only a very small step forward, of course: the chances are you’ll still need to spend plenty of ...
June 17, 2013 - BetaNews
- Report: Apple considering new colors, screen sizes for iPhones
Apple may be considering new colors and screen sizes for iPhones. Reuters, citing multiple sources from Apple suppliers, reports Apple may produce an iPhone...
June 17, 2013 - News 10 NBC Rochester