- n a difficult problem
- n a coarse sieve (as for gravel)
- v pierce with many holes
The bullets riddled his body
- v set a difficult problem or riddle
riddle me a riddle
- v separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
- v spread or diffuse through
His campaign was riddled with accusations and personal attacks
- v speak in riddles
- v explain a riddle
- As the British and the Russians again began barter talks last week, Europe was still waiting to learn the answer to the riddle of how much bartering Tovarish Stalin was prepared .
- None of the group can solve the riddle, but each has a fine musical time working it over.
News & Articles
- Embry-Riddle lands global partner at Paris air show
Embry-Riddle President John Johnson announced Tuesday at the 50th International Paris Air Show a partnership agreement with Diamond Aircraft Industries CEO and owner Christian Dries that will establish the global manufacturer's presence at the university's Daytona Beach campus.
June 19, 2013 - Daytona Beach News-Journal
- Embry Riddle lands partnership with Austrian plane company
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has reached an agreement with an Austrian plane manufacturer to
June 18, 2013 - Central Florida News 13
- Riddle's record wins Stage Race
David Riddle of Cincinnati now has two records in ultra-distance races in the Salomon Rock/Creek Trail Series.
June 17, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Winston Churchill in International Herald Tribune
Russia remains that "riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma" of which Winston Churchill complained in 1939, ever waiting for another act of redemption.
- James Kopp in Washington Post
Shoot them in the head, blow up a car, riddle their body with bullets like they do in the movies. That's how you kill someonewith premeditation, Kopp said.
- Barack Obama in Daily Mail
For all of George Bush's professed faith in free markets, the markets have hardly been free -- not when the gates of Washington are thrown open to high-priced lobbyists who rig the rules of the road and riddle our tax code with special interest... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Minneapolis Star Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/president/19693884.html%3Flocation_refer%3DSports&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEydlDzNDsGgPX459UX7dy8ZrbD4g Jun 9, 2008
83967 111621 riddled Mr Obama said: We saw soldiers and civilians alike rushing to aid fallen comrades, tearing off bullet-riddled clothes to treat the injured, using blouses as tourniquets, taking down the shooter even as they bore wounds themselves."