- n a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles
- v examine in order to test suitability
- v check and sort carefully
- v separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements
- v distinguish and separate out
- After the fall of France, when Britain was overrun with refugees, it had been Pinto, a Dutch intelligence officer, who put them through the security sieve to pick out the spies .
- Fine white powder pours past the border patrol like sand through a sieve.
- On how the threat of litigation impedes our ability to make common-sense decisions: "Straining daily choices through a legal sieve basically kills the human instinct needed to get .
News & Articles
- The Beard Watch Guide To The Stanley Cup Final
(Ed. Note: We're proud to welcome back two of our favorite bloggers, Chuck and Pants from What's Up, Ya Sieve?, to the Puck Daddy fold as they author our weekly NHL Playoff Beard Watch every Thursday.) By Chuck and Pants … Continue reading ?
June 13, 2013 - Puck Daddy via Yahoo! Sports
- The Huckabee Report - Now Online!
With the big storms heading our way, a lot of people headed to the grocery store. Riesbeck's Assistant Store Director sieve Fusner says the local grocery store has seen a lot of traffic today for big ticket items.
June 12, 2013 - WHIZ News Zanesville
- Marc Dann in Bizjournals.com
We can't make John black, we can't make him a woman. Those things get you a lot of press, worth a certain amount of fundraising dollars. Now it's nice to get on the news, but not the be all and end all. It's about bypassing the sieve of the... John Edwards http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Edwards&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHbLvQmQyx1Z616AZ49tHoKmvcFSw FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292463,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEsM6Wsh9XQJOKj76Pl5PbrYZRW6w Aug 7, 2007
89975 119670 sieve Assets held by the Health Alliance are in danger of being lost or materially injured based on continuing litigation," Attorney General Marc Dann said in a court filing. "Constant litigation has acted as a sieve to these charitable assets,...
- Mark Geragos in USA Today
Jail is not going to have any coercive effect,Geragos said outside federal court. "He is not going to cooperate with a grand jury that is leaking like a sieve."