- n wet feed (especially for pigs) consisting of mostly kitchen waste mixed with water or skimmed or sour milk
- n deep soft mud in water or slush
they waded through the slop
- n (usually plural) waste water from a kitchen or bathroom or chamber pot that has to be emptied by hand
she carried out the sink slops
- n (usually plural) weak or watery unappetizing food or drink
he lived on the thin slops that food kitchens provided
- n writing or music that is excessively sweet and sentimental
- v cause or allow (a liquid substance) to run or flow from a container
- v walk through mud or mire
- v ladle clumsily
slop the food onto the plate
- v feed pigs
- Even if he's a slop artist, and the inspiration is a movie about a woman with a clitoris in her throat.
- Hutong tours, offered through many upscale hotels in the capital, take visitors to within inches of where ordinary folks slop their pigs and live without the luxuries of indoor .
- And so risk morphs from a slop trough of moneymaking into a business line like any other, one that requires human beings to ask the big-picture questions that computer models don't .
News & Articles
- Yorkville delays action on deck
YORKVILLE — It’s back to the drawing board for city officials and the owners of a downtown restaurant seeking to build a deck behind their establishment. Aldermen here this week decided more study is needed before they can sign off on a deck behind Rowdy’s Bar and Grill that would slop over onto public property and possibly affect adjoining property owners. The restaurant had planned to build a ...
June 12, 2013 - The Beacon News
- Tim Hudson in USA Today
He's still throwing that slop up there,said Braves starter Tim Hudson. "But it's tough to hit."
- Todd Pletcher in Gambling911.com
All of our horses handled a wet track in their breezes (last) Saturday,said Pletcher, who has Super Saver, Devil May Care, Discreetly Mine and Mission Impazible. "If there's a likelihood of slop or something similar, it may be an advantage...
- Clint Hurdle in Forbes
I haven't had time to file this one away,Colorado manager Clint Hurdle said. "We needed the win like a hog needs slop." "We had a lot of people out there throwing different things out there, we had an unassisted triple play, a...