- v make a splashing sound
- v walk through mud or mire
We had to splosh across the wet meadow
- v cause (a liquid) to spatter about, especially with force
- v dash a liquid upon or against
- The austerities of Minimalism were taken to be the drastic and morally bracing purge needed after the increasingly routine, splish-splosh indulgences of the would-be heirs of de .
- That night, whump! splosh! Garner goes down with his convertible as the sound track plays a snatch of sinking-of-the-Titanic music.