slush : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n partially melted snow
- v make a splashing sound
- v spill or splash copiously or clumsily
- As San Diego city attorney Mike Aguirre put it, "What has happened is that the pension plan has somewhat become a personal-benefit slush fund for council members and senior .
- Roh is arrested after allegations about the slush fund arise.
- The pitch at the cavernous Salt Lake Stadium is now little better than a mud pit, pockmarked by spreading pools of brackish water and streaks of brown slush.
News & Articles
- Marin officials drain community service fund
The Marin Board of Supervisors' spending account critics that roast as a "slush fund" melted down this month, all but evaporating as county officials rushed to finance pet projects.
June 17, 2013 - Marin Independent Journal
- Freeze that slush
Joe Lhota’s onto something. We’re talking about member items. This is the spending drawn from a City Council fund — $400 million last year — the speaker doles out to members to use in their districts. In other words, a slush fund. The speaker likes it because it gives her...
June 15, 2013 - New York Post
- Create Slushies and Milkshakes with the new Zoku® Slush & Shake Maker
HOBOKEN, N.J., June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Transform your favorite fresh ingredients into cool, refreshing slushies or milkshakes in minutes with the Zoku ® Slush & Shake Maker , from the makers of the ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Joe Barton in BusinessWeek
It is a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation can be subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown, in this case, a $20 billion shakedown,said Barton, who called the money set aside "a slush fund."
- Barack Obama in Daily Caller
Her campaign puts out a memo saying, 'Well, she didn't mean that,'Obama said to more laughter. "They said there was some 'confusion.' And I'm sure she meant 'slush fund' in the nicest possible way."
- Edward Markey in The Associated Press
Markey said the compensation fund was "not a slush fund, not a shakedown. ...... It was the government of the United States working to protect the most vulnerable citizens that we have in our country right now, the residents of the Gulf."